THE ELEPHANT CAFÉ EXPERIENCE IS A THREE-TIERED OFFERING INCLUDING A JETBOAT, ELEPHANT INTERACTION AND AN ALL-INCLUSIVE DINING EXPERIENCE THAT HAS QUICKLY BECOME ONE OF VICTORIA FALLS’ SIGNATURE EXPERIENCES.
The full experience has a fixed price so guests can sit back and relax over the delicious bush gourmet cuisine unique to this restaurant including wild edibles and locally-sourced fresh and organic ingredients. The Elephant Café is proudly rated the #1 Restaurant in the country and has won may awards since inception in 2016.
The trip departs just upstream of Victoria Falls departing from The David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa from where clients will be observing game on the way through the National Parks in Zimbabwe on one side and the Zambian park on the other. Several rapids need to be negotiated on the way up (depending on river conditions) and shallow basalt rock channels avoiding hippos and crocodiles. The jetboat experience to The Elephant Café is approximately 30 minutes per way. On arrival clients will be met by members of a magnificent herd of rescue elephant for a once-in-a-lifetime meeting. Experience an unforgettable close encounter with these gentle giants and a hosted informative viewing of the herd around the vicinity of the venue. Once the herd retire to forage in the bush, clients are welcomed into The Elephant Café overlooking the Zambezi River for a unique dining experience. Road transfers are also available to the venue and advance reservations are essential.
Please note that all clients will be asked to sign an indemnity form before proceeding on the trip. Clients will be asked to provide an email address in order to receive a Dropbox link to complimentary photographs of their experience should the on-site photographer be available – this is not guaranteed.
Regrettably children under 4 years are not permitted at the venue. Whilst the minimum age to participate in the elephant interaction is 10 years, Guardians of Minors (under 18) will be required to sign an indemnity form on behalf of the minors. A Guardian must accompany children under the age of 16 throughout the activity. There is no child rate. All visitors must be able to obey safety instructions and to keep calm and quiet at all times.
- The Elephant Café is a very exclusive venue that is ideal for a special occasion or private booking.
- Exclusive-use of The Elephant Café is permitted for min pay 20 guests (applicable for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner experience) and min pay 30 guests for High Tea experience.
- Birthday cakes can be arranged at additional cost.
- Please contact us directly for wedding enquiries / photography and film crew requests / other.
PRIVATE JETBOAT TRANSFERS
- Guaranteed private expeditions are available on request.
- Min Pay requirement applies.
- Neutral-coloured clothing is preferred for clients participating in the elephant interaction.
- Warm clothes are required for winter months.
WHAT TO BRING
- Hat and Sunglasses
- Sunscreen Lotion
- A cool, long-sleeved shirt is advised for sun protection on the jetboat experience.