Zambian Kwacha (ZMW)
Budget: Less than US$150
- Campsite, dorm bed: US$8–20
- Double room in a guesthouse: US$25–50
- Local meal: US$2–10
- Beer: US$2
- Long-distance bus ticket: US$5–30
- National park entrance: US$5–25
- Wildlife drive or walk in national park: US$35–45
- Double hotel room: US$80–200
- Lunch and dinner in restaurants: US$10–25
- Car/4WD rental: US$100–250
- Lusaka–Mfuwe flight: US$150
- Safari package with meals and activities: from US$250
Top End: More than US$500
- Charter flight: from US$400
- Car transfers: US$200
- All-inclusive safari package: US$250–1100
- Hotel room: US$250–400
While for the most part prices are fixed in Zambia, there are a few instances where prices are negotiable.
• When shopping for handicrafts at local markets, you’ll definitely need to haggle.
• Taxis don’t have meters, so you should definitely bargain on the price quoted to you.
• For those staying in locally owned guesthouses, you can also aim for a discounted price, particularly if you’re staying for a few nights.
error: Content is protected !!